Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I love Vandalism





















I drive by this abandoned building something like twice a week, and have done so for at least a year now but only saw this sign about four weeks ago.

The first time I saw it, I didn't have my camera. Aaarghhh!

The second time I drove by it, the battery was dead. Double aaarghhh!!


The third time I drove by it, traffic was going too fast! What a scream.


Finally, a day came that everything was in place. Camera, check. Batteries, check. Traffic situation, conducive. 


Still, I didn't manage to take a good picture. :(


But I so want to mention this sign, and this building!


This building has been left vacant for some time now. It's by Jalan Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur, just before the left turn going into Jalan Maarof. It had been looking a bit discrepit of late, and maybe even bordering on scary. 

But then again, that's relative right? Scary to some, inviting to 'others'.  Guess someone saw that too and thought an appropriate sign was in order! I love it!!

The first time I saw it, I thought, oh wow, is this where my tax money goes to??? A 'no ghosts' sign??? 

Then I saw that it's a painted cut-out and glued onto a sign. My next guess is that someone pilfered the sign from somewhere else. 

Haha, this vandalism I thought so cute! But I shouldn't say that. Really.
  


2 comments:

  1. ...yeah you shouldn't say that...really...tsk,tsk,tsk...[(whispering...but it's darn cute isn't it...shhhhhh...don't tell anybody I said that)]...;p

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you gave feedback. We all love those things right? (I know) I do! Thank you (so much) in advance! :)